For Business Users
Information about COVID-19
Statement from the observatory
Workplace Hygiene Practice
Since the circumstance of coronavirus (COVID-19) concern is ongoing, we'd like to inform you of the following. Please take this matter calmly with correct behavior to prevent any infectious disease between colleagues.
We have implemented below to prevent the spread of infection COVID-19.
- Actively encourage sick employees to stay home.
- Perform routine environmental cleaning.
- Advise employees before traveling to take certain steps. (CDC Travel notice)
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol has been placed at both facilities Hilo Base and Summit.
- Respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene to encourage were posted in the restroom.
- If an employee is confirmed to have COVID-19, employers should inform fellow employees of their possible exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace but maintain confidentiality as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Here is the announcement from the Hawaii Department of Health about what we can do.
- Get your flu shot. With current seasonal influenza activity, it is likely there will be confusion as persons with influenza will exhibit similar signs and symptoms such as fever and cough. We strongly recommend residents 6 months and older protect themselves against flu by receiving the seasonal influenza vaccination.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Hawaii DOH
- Hawaii DOH COVID-19
- County Of Hawaii COVD-19 page
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare (厚生労働省)