MOIRCS Instrument Parameters
(1) Approximate vaule. It changes with the distance from the optical center due to distortion.
(2) About 0.4 arcmin2 is vignetted in the field of view of 4' x 7' (Please see the FOV page).
(3) Based on the measurement in Nov 2008.
(4) We recommend to keep the net count of the data to within 20000 ADU under the CDS readout mode for usual scientific exposure. See the detector information page for detail.
(5) Readnoise can be suppressed to about 15 e- rms by using the multi-sampling readout mode (see the detector information).
(6) The operation under NDUMMYREAD=2 is recommended.
(7) Though the Partical Readout mode is available to reduce the minimum exposure time, it is currently not recommended to use. For more detail, see the Information page.
(8) Assuming the typical length of slitlets of 10-20 arcseconds.
(9) Please also see the MOS page. The acquisition time for Long slits can be shorter than this.
Please note that all data on these pages are subject to change as the evaluation of the performance of MOIRCS progresses.